Since 1985, more than 700 diverse, dedicated individuals have participated in the Tempe Leadership Program. As a program of and in partnership with the Tempe Chamber of Commerce Foundation, our focus is to bring together like-minded individuals in the community to engage and challenge one another, learn more about the ins and outs of Tempe and, most importantly, make a real difference in our community. Tempe Leadership alumni are well represented on local boards and commissions, routinely serve elected office, and volunteer time and energy to the community – together creating lasting legacies. Tempe Leadership strives to:
- Create a strong, resilient web of community leaders
- Develop and mentor individuals to fulfill formal community leadership roles
- Seek positive solutions to real community problems
- Strengthen our community for now and in future generations
- Support the development of youth leaders
- Involve others in our community in volunteer, charitable, and civic efforts
- Build an inclusive, connected, and vital hometown
Join Tempe Leadership Today
Selected applicants will be interviewed mid-May and notified of the results following the June board meetings of Tempe Leadership and the Tempe Chamber of Commerce.
Cost for Tempe Leadership is $800. Scholarships may be available based on financial need. Please download and submit the Financial Aid Application with your Tempe Leadership class application to apply for scholarships.
Tempe Leadership Alumni
If you are an alumni of Tempe Leadership, consider joing the Tempe Leadership Board of Directors. Help shape the future leaders of Tempe by participating in the the creation of its programs and services.